November 18, 2013

Oscar needs a Background



So….I finished Oscar up with my fine point micron pen.  You know, sharpening those edges. 

Oscar8

Here he is posing with the original.  At first, I thought I’d give Oscar some fingers to hold the phone, but then I forgot….plus…how do you draw dummy fingers?



As I’m learning this whole watercolor-brush stuff….I noticed how the watercolor likes to feather out over the paper if it’s already wet.  I’m trying to duplicate that here but it’s not going as imagined. Good thing I decided to practice on a separate piece of paper instead of on Oscar's.



By the fourth flower petal I decided to put that masking fluid to use, and I applied a grid so that I could go in and apply watercolor without worrying about color overlap. 

Oscar13

Then to make things POP, I outlined with my black marker.

Oscar12

Most people play with their watercolors before they get started on “real” drawings….not a bad idea.  But my gong-ho nature didn’t have patience for that which may have saved me some frustrations!! When I figure this watercolor-brush stuff out….I hope to give Oscar his background Smile

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your question... How do you draw dummy fingers. :)

Eden said...

Hi Boo!! Yea, how do you draw dummy fingers??

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden