November 4, 2012

Fabulous Flowers



Revisiting a post from December 2011 that I posted on my squarespace site that I no longer support.

I’ve been a bit busy in ISP land….you see my internet was only giving me 1.5 mb upload and download speed….noticed by my son who was home for a visit.  If I’m a-uploading, he gets kicked off of his “score-keeping” games…so he took it upon himself to do a little research.  I have now switched over to another local company for LESS money.  I now have 20.0 mb speed.  Don’t quote me on the mb??? could be gb for all I know.



Coloring book style starting point.



Since, I really want to sketch…but haven’t found the right picture…I thought I’d do something quick and easy!



I think there’s something magical about watercolor pencils and vibrant markers side by side.  I think they bring out the best in each other.



This picture just makes me happy!! Red and Green together…they belong together like salt and pepper, pen and paper, socks and shoes!!



Aerial view….haha



I took 22 shots of my work-in-progress, then I edit them down to what I want you to see.  Here’s the seventh picture in this post.  Lucky Seven!

12 comments:

Ildiko said...

happy floating!very moody!love it!

jinxxxygirl said...

Just love your doodle flowers! What marker do you use to outline that isn't smeared by the water color paint??? Hugs!deb

jP said...

Beautiful

Eden said...

Thanks guys :)
@Deb- no problem with outlining the watercolor parts with a waterproof black marker...like the faber-castel ones or microns. I usually go in and outline after the watercolor has dried. Makes the black more bold!

Janet said...

You're so good at doing these flower pictures. I love this one. And all those little circles in the background! That took some time!

Julie said...

I just love this. Your colors are amazing!!!

Eden said...

Thanks Janet and Julie!!

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE the pretty doodled flowers & bubbles!
Thanks for sharing,
Grandma Nancy

Alice said...

this is wonderful! i would never have thought to use watercolor pencil and markers in the same picture. i've got to try it! and when your son gets all finished fixing up your internet speed, could you send him on over to my house? ;)

efie17 said...

how very very beautyfull! I love it!

Eden said...

Thanks Nancy and Efie!
@Alice - I would if I could! Gotta love this techie world :)

Linda . J said...

Hi This is fantastic, love the colours. My journal page today is blank and was looking for some inspiration and you gave that to be in heaps, thanks for that, off to doodle now.
Linda

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden