October 9, 2012

Interview with Artist….Rachel Awes

As much as I love to blog and frequent my own blog to see how my latest color-sketch dimensions are really playing out on a piece….I’ve become quite sick of me!!

To infuse this blog with some entertainment and creativity I’ve asked 5 artists from varying backgrounds to be interviewed throughout this month. I’m very excited about their work and their agreeing to be put on the spot here.

_MG_7247green

I’d like you to meet a very talented artist….Rachel Awes.  A blogger friend.  I was not only drawn to Rachel’s fun, whimsical artsy style, I totally love the quotes and the thoughts she puts in her drawings, as well.  I’m so glad she’s agreed to share her thoughts and work with us today.

1. What word best describes your art/style?
i..just..want..to..love..people..up

the world waits covered 76

2. What advice/quote do you respond best to?
From SARK; about being as true and as you, as you can be.  And then show it to us all.



3. How has your work evolved?
From abstract and more effort and slower TO more defined and easier and so fast that i can't sometimes keep up with my own feet. I seem to increasingly need more naps!




4. What interests do you have other than "art"?
Psychology. Walking/running/swimming. Being in nature. A great book. Time with friends. Time with my family. Movies. Looking for agates (a swirly rock found in northern minnesota). Writing. Praying. Thanking everything of beauty. Bowing. Napping.

carissa book hold 1a6459ca059711e2be981231380f620c_7

Above photo courtesy of Carissa Paige. This book is now in Rachel’s etsy shop.  You can pre-order now. The book will be available by December 1, 2012!!!

5. What is your favorite blog post or piece of art that you'd like to share?
Hard to pick a favorite but I will choose "the world waits" because it's one of the deepest invitations I want to extend to people's hearts. I also must add the blog post that is airing october 1, 2012. A book i have been working on for four years and is a culmination of all the love I can think of spilling into the world is in this book and I announce it on this day. endorsed by authors/artists SARK and KELLY RAE ROBERTS,...I am so thankful.

Thank you Rachel for taking the time to answer my questions and to share your Beautiful Artwork and Book.  I believe Rachel’s art and words make this a better world to live in.

Please check out the links below which will lead you to more of Rachel’s work.
Etsy Shop: http://rachelawes.etsy.com
Blog: http://allididwaslisten.blogspot.com
Facebook Page
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/all-i-did-was-listen/110783468961315
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/rachelawes/rachel-awes-art/








No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden