July 3, 2012

Two Years of Sketching




When my nest started to empty, it free’d up a lot of my time.  Wasn’t quite sure what to do with myself and I’ve always admired those who could sketch….so I gave it a shot with Friends (sketch #1).


DSC00603


Sketchbook Project, Self Portrait (sketch #2)





Bench Monday (sketch #3)





Looking Down (sketch #4), learned that watercolor paper is not the best type of paper for graphite sketches.


Tutu8


Tutu (sketch #5), brought in very fine markers to outline with at completion.


7Senior


My daughter’s Senior Picture (sketch #6). 


SONY DSC


Air Swimmer (sketch #7), almost my favorite sketch.





Prodigy (sketch #8), first attempt at drawing clothes.





Smiles (sketch #9), my favorite people smiling at me.





En pointe (sketch #10), almost gave up on those shoes.


Diver16


Diver (sketch #11), one of my favorite sketches.





Yanina Wickmayer (sketch #12), another attempt at a face.





Paddleboard (sketch #13), lightened up my sketching because I thought “Diver” was too dark…..I did not like the way this turned out.





September 11 (sketch #14), talk about paying attention to detail!  I was exhausted! Haha





Mime (sketch #15), just an interesting sketch all the way around.  Liked it!


Dancer21


Dancer Pose (sketch #16),  a beautiful woman in a fake pose.  Check out that back foot…there’s no way she’s holding up her own body weight….someone likes photoshop.





Runner (sketch #17), interesting angle.





Ohio Swimmer (sketch #18), one of my favorites…but I have a lot to learn about sketching water.





Wave Swimmer (sketch #19), adorable child….learned a thing or two about drawing children.





Vitruvian Man (sketch #20), half sketch, half whimsey!





Colored Legs (sketch #21), first attempt at colored pencils.





Crabs (sketch #22), another favorite…probably due to the subject matter.





Diver-N-Color (sketch #23), learning to color not just what I see but what I want to see.





Beach Girls (sketch #24), love the colors in this!


What a wonderful past-time this is.  I seem to have an 18 month attention span when learning new things.  With drawing I’ve got a long way to go, not even close to being bored!


Thanks for all the encouragement you’ve given me along the way.  I still think “pictures of pictures” are the best way to learn to draw.

1 comment:

Eden said...

Thank you Tammy! Going to ur blog and being inspired over and over has really helped me to stay on task! So many ways to express oneself thru art...amazing discovery!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden