June 30, 2011

Zelda Zany on Duty



Every now and then a Bird Drawing just screams to be brought to life.  That’s what happened here.



Armed with my handy-dandy moleskine, my black pen and a ruler…..I straightened things up a bit.  I would’ve drawn more birds, if I had the room.  For the coloring book print of thisClick here and download.



Here’s Zelda in all her zentangle glory.



Good thing she uses an umbrella, didn’t know where else I’d bring in those rainbow colors.



This was a fun one to color in.



Macro detail.  That black line was bugging me, cuz I couldn’t pull off the black-stripe-on-the-bottom-of-the-lane-look.  Photoshoped it out in the final version.



Zelda Zany…..she was so excited when she landed her first job.  There was a certain status to being a lifeguard.  Some of the younger birds liked to get her wet which broke up the monotony.  What surprised her most was how utterly bored she was while working.  To help keep the boredom at bay she would imagine “worst-case” scenarios as she watched the kids.  In them she’d be needed to help or save a life.  As she clocked out, she had to smile because she saved 3-4 lives that day (even though they were all in her head).

Have a safe and fun summer!  Hopefully there’s a Zelda watching you at the pool!  LOL!

4 comments:

Jp said...

Omg. You amaze me once again. At first, I was disappointed not to have the lifeguard in a bathing suit (and I thought she was PG). By the very end of your doodle and color work, I was absolutely breathless.

Unknown said...

I love her! I especially love the water. She reminds me of *ME*, watching Gracie and my nephew swim every day!!

Rebecca Anthony said...

these are so fab Eden!! Wow, I love them!!!!!!!!!!!

Serena Lewis said...

FABULOUS work!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden