May 11, 2011

Cool stuff from my Bloggy Artist Friends



I’m going to spotlight some recent etsy purchases from my bloggy-friends.  The one thing they all have in common is the above statement written by my 12 yr old niece.   (She’s a precocious child…not too much gets past this one).  She had a birthday last month and since she’s always interested in the stuff I do when we visit, I thought I’d add to her little artsy-stash.

IMAG0074

I went to Borders in search of Dawn’s book “Doodle Diary, Art Journaling for Girls".  I had to go to the children’s section and I almost missed it.  As you can see the size of this book makes it easy to overlook.  I was lucky to nab one before they were all gone.

Artsy3

Last week I got this nice handmade Thank You card from said niece.  In it she wrote the following:
Thank you for all the art supplies.  I love them!  I especially love the doodle diary.  I’ve already learned a lot of new art things in it.  In fact I’m using some of the things I learned in this card.

Just sweet, this card is!  I just wanted to let you know, that 12 yr old girls dig this book.  Kudo’s to you Dawn for creating it!



I was so happy when I received these prints from Rachel last week.  I had to hunt down white frames for them, and then I added some red textured poster board (in lieu of $13 matting per piece) to the back to make the 9 x 12 prints work in the 10 x 13 frames. 



I’ve created a Rachel wall in my spare bedroom, where I can share these colorful and insightful messages with family and friends who visit.

 

This is… without a doubt… my Favorite-must-have print.  I need this gentle reminder.

 Artsy9

Then there’s Aimee-with-Attitude!!  I love her sense of humor…she never fails to crack me up because she ALWAYS says what she’s thinking.  What a way with words this girl has.  Like the card above says:  When someone give you an odd look and grumbles “That’s not the way it’s done” just smile and wink and say “I know but its my way and I like it”. Talk about spunk!!  She’s loaded!  I could use a bit of her confidence that’s for sure.

 Artsy11

Purchased  4 prints from Aimee at Christmas.  I gave one away and didn’t click a pic of it, shoot!

Artsy10

A little reminder on our dry-erase board as I enter or leave the house each day.

DaisyGoddess1[11]

And I have to mention my very first etsy purchase.  It was from the VERY TALENTED Rebecca of Penny Lane Ink.  I totally fell in love with her girly-postcards.  I even did a whole post last summer about it HERE.

My new philosophy is I WILL support the artists that I like here in blog-land.  No, I won’t buy something just to buy it.  If I can afford it and it speaks to me, I’m getting it!  Because I’ll tell you one thing …..you won’t find this quality and these unique type of things at Wal-mart or Target.  Why not be the first on your block with a fun artsy item on the forefront?

7 comments:

rachel awes said...

e
d
e
n
!
!
!
you
have
set
my
heart
a' beat!!!
it is sooooooo
fun to see
what you ordered,
framed & displayed
in your home...
it's like magic!
ooooh, thank you
dear one!
& that book for girls
looks so groovy
& i do know
& adoreadoreadore
that aimee
& rebecca...
i am blessed
to be in such
company with
all of you.
lovelovelove
xoxox

JP said...

I am putting this down as one of my favorite days on your blog....and you did'nt even ask!

9 more days....

JP said...

Don't you just hate it when you make a typo?
....and you didn't even ask! (above comment correction!)

Rebecca Anthony said...

Eden, I too am honored to be is such company! I am a HUGE fan of Rachel and have a few pieces of my own. There is something about Etsy and when you see something that hits you, I agree.....gotta have it(O: Thanks Eden!!

sherilee said...

I am a big Rachel fan as well, her art makes me happy happy. And now I know a few other etsy artists to go check out!

I love etsy, I love original, handmade art, and I love your doodles--going to go get that doodle art journaling book for my neice now! She will adore it.

Unknown said...

This is so great! I got some Aimee art, too- and it's also all over our house :) I love the cooking one, I didn't see that!! (*adds it to my list*) I'm trying to buy one Etsy thing a month (more if we have budget for it) from my favorite artists.

I just have to say I love this post!

Deidra said...

Oh, I am smitten with your purchases! Thanks so much for sharing. I'll be clicking through your links to see more, that's for sure. But may I just say the card your niece made? It's priceless! Absolutely priceless!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden