January 24, 2011

Alphabet doodles

1Doodle

Since I’m between projects right now….and I lack original ideas.  I thought I’d show you how my doodling has changed in 2 years.  The Doodle above is my first set of doodles.  As you can see, very swirly, and the colors aren’t as vibrant.   The designs inside were small.  It was a figure-it-out-as-I-go-style.

2Doodle

In my second set of doodling the alphabet, I got a little more daring.  The colors are more vibrant.  The designs are larger.  I pulled out my stencils and was more familiar with doodling styles.

3Doodle 

Currently, I’m working on my third Alphabet set.  I now know that I have to use a lot of color.  And it’s best not to have too much white space….that’s why the Upper case “D” and lower case “e” don’t look as good.

So, boys and girls…..just keep doodling….keep working your piece of art.  Practice may not make perfect but it makes things better.   It sure helped me to figure out how the colors and doodle designs interact …..and I’m . still . learning….cuz there's a lot to learn out there!  LOL!

3 comments:

Semeeah said...

I just love those alphabet doodles!I love the colors you use!Do you know what supplies you use b/c I want to improve my art drawings.

Rebecca Anthony said...

You are so good Eden!!

Eden said...

Semeeah, I'm sorry I thought I already responded to your quesion.

Please see the following posts for my supplies:
Markers: http://geeden.blogspot.com/2010/07/craving-color.html
Stencils:
http://geeden.blogspot.com/2010/07/you-have-permission.html

I hope this helps and Thank you for your nice comments :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden