November 5, 2010

Facing Forward…...in Incognito…Part 1

Incognito
                   * Digital elements used above from Scrapgirls
Still using pictures as the basis for my drawings.  I thought I’d try to draw a picture that was recently taken at work, of the more crazy, no weirder, ahhh… fun-loving people I get to work with.  I don’t want to spend too much time on this.  Which means……Whimsy time!!  Or Color-by-numbers time!  Or Doodle-the-clothing time!  Anything….. so that I can get this done and move on in a timely fashion……After all, this is for the sketchbook project.  It’s just for fun and it doesn’t have to be perfect, or exact, or anything because with these drawings I get to decide what challenge to take on next.  (Trust me, there are lots of artsy challenges out there and it can be hard to decide! LOL!)  And if you read my post about the Tutu…..it’s all about clothes!! 



There’s really nothing quite like the clothes you see on people when they dress up for Halloween now, is there?  So these biker-chics and that Frito-Bambito cross-dresser gal…..get to get sketched.

 

This will probably be a 2 or 3 part blog post.  Because I’m not sure what I want to do with this yet.  I’m not quite ready to outline the figures in permanent ink because there are still some details I need to apply.  And other details I have to erase.

Most likely, this sketch really won’t be about the clothes at all (other than the contour drawing of them).  I really just want to color them all in.  Yep, just like a first grader with a brand new coloring book.

11 comments:

Jeanne Nelson said...

What a great piece to include in your SBP! Can't wait to see it completed, and discover what you do with it. Wishing you a peaceful weekend, filled with creating and much love!

Priscilla said...

Love this, can't wait to see the outcome..

Elena said...

Looks good already! Looking forward to the followup posts.

Kat W said...

Looks good so far - look forward to seeing what comes next. Your work friends look like fun people.

Colouring is really therapeutic fun for all ages.

Kat

JP said...

It will be fun to watch your progress. I don't know why, but I saw "Black and White" foreground with the pumpkin in the back....

aimee said...

process posts are my faves... can't wait to see the next step! have a great weekend, eden!

Janet said...

You are so good at doing these sketches. I can't wait to see how you color this one.

Alisa @ A stitch in between said...

oooh, I admire your patience, I cannot just leave my sketch without putting at least a tinsy bit of color, even if the sketch is long ways from being done. I could never be a charcoal sketcher..

lori vliegen said...

i can't wait to see what you do with this......it looks great already!! and please give my regards to the frito-bambito......love the costumes!!! xox, :))

Kristin Dudish said...

Looking forward to where you go with this! (The tutu post is great too)

Serena Lewis said...

It's off to a great start!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
By day...I work in the Healthcare field, where every .. i.. has to be dotted and every ..t.. has to be crossed. This blog is the place where I can let myself go and have some fun. I am on a journey. A journey I started a long time ago, but it has been a bit sidetracked with Navy Wife relocations and raising kids. I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have got some time for me. No, I will not be one of those moms walking around the house with Empty Nest Syndrome, I have got way too much to do, to learn, to create. Sure, once the kids are gone I will miss them....but hey, there is always the phone, the email, the texting and the Plane tickets! I love my life and my family and It is fun moving into this new stage. I am into Digital Scrapbooking, photography, journaling, Art Journaling and Drawing. I am a do-it-yourselfer and I am trying to teach myself to draw. I am finding that it takes a lot of patience, lots of practice and a good eraser! And if you're really curious there's a 3 part Interview by Eileen: HERE All the best, Eden